HI! I’M KAYLA!
I am a former 2nd & 3rd grade math and science teacher in the great state of Texas, and the face behind The Average Teacher. My mission is to help make learning FUN – for both the students and the teacher! I am particularly passionate about math instruction. If you’re looking for guidance on teaching elementary math – I’m your girl! I struggled with (and hated!) math as a student, but since becoming a teacher, have completely transformed the way I think about math. I’ve made it my mission to…
FREE WORD PROBLEM DIFFERENTIATION E-BOOK
NEW ON THE BLOG
- 5 Practical Tips for Teaching Responsibility in the Classroom
- 5 Simple and Fun Fraction Games Math Students Will Love
- 2 Thrilling Halloween STEM Activities That Are Un-BOO-lievably Easy!
- How to Engage Your Students Using Math Games with Dominoes
- How to Teach Skip Counting and Why It’s Important
- 4 Fall Science Activities That Are Easy and Fun
- The Best Word Problem Strategies that Build Strong Mathematicians
- 4 Super Practical Tips for Departmentalized Classroom Organization
- 5 of the Best Activities for Addition and Subtraction with Regrouping