HI! I’M KAYLA!
I am a former 2nd & 3rd grade math and science teacher in the great state of Texas, and the face behind The Average Teacher. My mission is to help make learning FUN – for both the students and the teacher! I am particularly passionate about math instruction. If you’re looking for guidance on teaching elementary math – I’m your girl! I struggled with (and hated!) math as a student, but since becoming a teacher, have completely transformed the way I think about math. I’ve made it my mission to…
FREE WORD PROBLEM DIFFERENTIATION E-BOOK
NEW ON THE BLOG
- How to Use Math Stories to Improve Your Daily Instruction
- How to R.E.S.E.T. Your School Year with These 5 Teacher Tips
- 10 of the Best Elementary Math Ideas and Activities
- How to Use Math Bingo to Engage and Improve Understanding
- This is One of My Favorite Christmas STEM Activities!
- This Is the Organized Teacher’s Secret Weapon
- How to Use Cups to Make Fun Math Activities
- 3 Quick Thanksgiving STEM Activities You’ll Be Thankful For
- 5 Practical Tips for Teaching Responsibility in the Classroom