HI! I’M KAYLA!
I am a former 2nd & 3rd grade math and science teacher in the great state of Texas, and the face behind The Average Teacher. My mission is to help make learning FUN – for both the students and the teacher! I am particularly passionate about math instruction. If you’re looking for guidance on teaching elementary math – I’m your girl! I struggled with (and hated!) math as a student, but since becoming a teacher, have completely transformed the way I think about math. I’ve made it my mission to…
FREE WORD PROBLEM DIFFERENTIATION E-BOOK
NEW ON THE BLOG
- Do You Need Some Ideas for Celebrating Pi Day in the Classroom?
- 3 Easy and Exciting Spring Science Activities to Celebrate the Season
- How to Help Your Students Develop Strong Problem Solving Skills for Kids
- How to Teach the Steps in the Design Process to Your Students
- 3 Fun Yet Easy Valentine’s Day Activities for Kids
- The Best and Most Practical Ideas for Task and Flash Card Organization
- This is One of My Favorite Games for the Classroom
- How to Use Math Stories to Improve Your Daily Instruction
- How to R.E.S.E.T. Your School Year with These 5 Teacher Tips