HI! I’M KAYLA!
I am a former 2nd & 3rd grade math and science teacher in the great state of Texas, and the face behind The Average Teacher. My mission is to help make learning FUN – for both the students and the teacher! I am particularly passionate about math instruction. If you’re looking for guidance on teaching elementary math – I’m your girl! I struggled with (and hated!) math as a student, but since becoming a teacher, have completely transformed the way I think about math. I’ve made it my mission to…
FREE WORD PROBLEM DIFFERENTIATION E-BOOK
NEW ON THE BLOG
- 5 Awesome Weather Activities for Kids
- 4 Fun Statistics Activities That Elementary Students Will Enjoy
- 3 Festive Easter Activities For Kids That Your Students Will Love
- How to Set Up and Run a Successful STEM Challenge
- Do You Need Some Ideas for Celebrating Pi Day in the Classroom?
- 3 Easy and Exciting Spring Science Activities to Celebrate the Season
- How to Help Your Students Develop Strong Problem Solving Skills for Kids
- How to Teach the Steps in the Design Process to Your Students
- 3 Fun Yet Easy Valentine’s Day Activities for Kids