Welcome to The Place Value Hospital! This place value review includes 4 hands-on, interactive place value activities for 2nd grade.
These place value review activities are low prep and designed to meet 2nd grade standards, but can easily be adapted for 1st or 3rd grade. Can be used in small groups, whole group, or individually as centers!
This resource includes place value up to the thousands place, with extension activities that go up to the hundred thousands place.
*NOTE: This resource is part of a bundle. If you would rather purchase the bundle for 20% off, simply click here: Math Review Activity Bundle*
- Number Surgery – changing expanded form to standard form
- Symptom Checker – naming numbers based on place value clues
- Mixed Up X-Rays – identifying numbers using base ten blocks
- Pharmacy Sort – sorting by greater than, less than, and equal to
Standards addressed in this resource:
- CCSS: 2.NBTA.1a, 2.NBTA.1b, 2.NBTA.2, 2.NBTA.3, 2.NBTA.4
- TEKS: MA.2.2.B, MA.2.2.C, MA.2.2.D, MA.2.2.E, MA.2.2.F
All math review units include thorough instructions for set up and answer keys when applicable. If you’re feeling creative, math reviews make GREAT room transformations! Please share any pictures with me via Instagram (@theaverageteacher).
If you like this resource, I would appreciate it if you would leave a review! You may also want to follow me on Instagram or Facebook to stay updated with new products, blog posts, and other math tips. If you have any questions, issues, or suggestions – please send me an email at [email protected] and I would be happy to assist you!
Thanks so much for your purchase!